All Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed Thursday, November 10 to ensure the safety of staff and the public, and to allow staff to focus on the emergency response for Tropical Storm Nicole.
The closure includes all of the county’s libraries, parks, nature preserves and recreation centers. All county public meetings have also been postponed. The Greenways Open House scheduled for Thursday at 6 p.m. will be postponed to a later date.
Solid waste facilities closed Thursday, reopening Friday
Hillsborough County’s solid waste facilities will be closed Thursday, November 10 and there will be no curbside collection due to Tropical Storm Nicole.
Trash, recyclables and yard waste collection will resume on Friday, November 11, Veterans Day, at the unincorporated Hillsborough County Solid Waste Service Area, which includes Tampa Palms, Hunter’s Green and New Tampa. All disposal facilities will also reopen Friday, including the southeast county landfill, northwest and south county transfer stations, resource reclamation facility, municipal collection points, garden waste treatment facilities and residential solid waste disposal sites.
Local residents are encouraged to dispose of garden waste at the curb by disposing of what they can in their regular refuse trucks. Residents also have the option to dispose of yard waste at the storm debris dumps, which will remain open until 5pm today. For more information visit HCFLGov.net/SolidWaste or HCFLGov.net/StormDebris.
Closures and reopenings on Veterans Day on November 11th
Hillsborough County offices and most facilities will remain closed on Friday, November 11 in celebration of Veterans Day. All parks, including dog parks, skate parks, nature preserves, hiking trails, splash pads and boat ramps, are scheduled to reopen.
Closed on Veterans Day, Nov. 11:
- administrative offices of the county government
- Hillsborough County Customer Service Center at (813) 272-5900
- All Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative Libraries
- Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation Recreation Centers, including the programs offered at the facilities
- Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center. A limited number of animal safety and code enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request using the “Pet Request” button belowHCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- Center for Development Services
- Sunshine Line transportation service
- The Water Resources Customer Service Center in Brandon. Emergency calls regarding the county water and sewage service can be made at (813) 744-5600.
- The Emergency Rental Assistance Program call center
Connect. stay alert
For more information on Hillsborough County’s response to Tropical Storm Nicole, visit HCFLGov.net/StaySafeand sign up for the HCFL warning system. You can also follow Hillsborough County on social media on Facebook, Twitter and Nextdoor for updates.
Residents without digital access are encouraged to call or visit (813) 272-5900, the county’s main information numberHCFLGov.net/StaySafe.