United States: COVID-19 Vaccination: A Small Global Guide to Legal and Practical Implications in the Workplace (September Update)
To print this article, all you need to do is register or log in to Mondaq.com.
The firm’s international practice group has its own COVID-19 Vaccination: A Small Global Guide to Legal and Practical Implications in the Workplace. In light of new challenges related to the COVID-19 vaccination effort – including the surge in the Delta variant and breakthrough infections – some countries have changed their approach to vaccination regulations and job restrictions. This updated guide will help multinational employers assess their response against their legal obligations and business needs.
This September 2021 update to the guide covers 75 jurisdictions and highlights important topics (some new) including:
- What percentage of the population is partially or fully vaccinated? (New)
- What are the government imposed job restrictions and guidelines? (New)
- New laws, regulations or guidelines on how to deal with COVID-19 vaccinations
- Can an employer ask employees or applicants to be vaccinated?
- Can an employer ask an employee / applicant to disclose vaccination status?
- What are the implications for data protection?
- Financial incentives for vaccination and its legal, tax and performance implications (New)
- Legal protection against a vaccination order (including religious and disabled-friendly accommodation)
- Obligations of the employer in a collective representation
- Related topics related to employee benefits, teleworking, records, etc.
This guide is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice. Littler reserves the right to distribute this manual only to existing and potential customers. As the COVID-19 situation is fluid, employers should consult their lawyers on the latest developments and updated guidance on the matter.
Special thanks to Geida Sanlate, Knowledge Management Counsel, for managing and editing this guide and to everyone who contributed to the creation of this important resource.
To request a copy of this guide, please contact Knowledge Management Counsel Geida Sanlate at [email protected].
The content of this article is intended to provide general guidance on the subject. Expert advice should be sought regarding your specific circumstances.
POPULAR ARTICLES ON: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Coming Out of the United States