Hello and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know to start your day …
Biden slams Republicans as he finds himself on foreign soil at odds with political norms
President Biden blasted former President Donald Trump and Republicans at a press conference following a NATO summit in Brussels on Monday, even though Biden’s campaign tore Trump apart in 2019 for leading a political attack abroad.
Biden lambasted Trump’s “bogus populism” in response to a question from a reporter about what Biden said to allies who might be reluctant to trust the United States after Trump.
Republicans and Democrats have long observed a tradition that “politics ends at the water’s edge.”
“It is a shock and a surprise that what happened in terms of the consequence of President Trump’s bogus populism happened,” Biden said on Monday. “It is disappointing that so many of my Republican colleagues in the Senate, whom I know better, have hesitated to undertake, for example, an investigation because they fear to be primaryâ¦ This is why it is so important that I succeed. . in my agenda. “
Biden appeared to be referring to an investigation into the events of January 6.
“It is important that we demonstrate that we can progress and continue to progress, and I think we are going to be able to do that,” he continued. “So like I said the proof will be where it’s six months from now where, where we are, but I think you’re going to see that, God willing, we’re going to make progress and there is is going to be an amalgamation of a lot of Republicans, especially younger Republicans, coming into the party. â CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TOP STORY.
In other developments:
– Hannity calls Biden’s trip abroad a “total failure.”
– G-7 globalists love Biden because “he’s good for them”, not because he’s good for the United States: Hemingway, Farage.
– Media is ignoring Biden’s attack on the GOP overseas after he shredded Trump for violating the political norm.
– Journalists ask Biden about Putin, GOP at NATO press conference, avoid mentioning China.
– Ingraham: America is stiffening and our taxpayers foot the bill.
House Republican lobbies bill to prevent Harris from traveling overseas before going to the border
Republican Iowa Rep. Ashley Hinson appeared in the House on Monday to lobby for legislation that would ban Vice President Harris taxpayer-funded international travel until it first goes to the southern border.
Harris, who President Biden responsible for leading efforts in Central America to eradicate the “root causes” of the massive waves of illegal immigrants heading from there to the US border, faced stiff Republican criticism for not bothering to experience the crisis she plays a part in in the end.
“This crisis is getting worse by the day. Yet the vice president refused to go to the border herself and talk to the brave law enforcement officers, the men and women who are fighting it. on the front line. This out of sight, out of mind approach is a disgrace, “Hinson said on the floor of the House.
âShe went to woolen shops, she went to bakeries and she just flew over the crisis at our southern border to meet foreign countries with the taxpayer’s checkbook in hand. When asked why she didn’t hadn’t visited the border, she laughed. She laughed, and it’s no laughing matter. The border crisis has an impact on the safety and security of every Iowan, every American. Every state is a state border at the moment. “
Hinson called for an immediate review of her measure, but Democrats pushed it back. House Rules Committee chairman Jim McGovern, D-Mass., Dismissed the proposal as insignificant and said it was not worth discussing further.
The White House has repeatedly pointed out that Harris was tasked with addressing the reasons migrants leave their homes, and not border security itself. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Kamala Harris has spent 83 days without a border visit since being asked for a crisis role.
– Chase of smuggler in Texas ends in dramatic accident, photos show.
–Vice President Harris continues to turn down border invitations as some Democrats visit Mexico: Representative Issa.
North Korean defector says “even North Korea wasn’t that crazy” after attending Ivy League school
Like american educative institutions continue to be challenged, a North Korean The defector fears that the future of the United States “will be as bleak as North Korea” after attending one of the most prestigious universities in the country.
Yeonmi Park has gone through a lot of struggles and hardships, but she doesn’t see herself as a victim.
One of several hundred North Korean defectors settled in the United States, Park, 27, transferred to Columbia University from a South Korean university in 2016 and was deeply disturbed by what she found.
âI expected to pay this fortune, all this time and energy, to learn to think. But they force you to think like they want you to think,â Park said in an interview with Fox News. âI realized, wow, it’s crazy. I thought America was different but saw so many similarities to what I saw in North Korea that I started to worry. “
These similarities include anti-Western sentiment, collective guilt, and stifling political correctness.
Park and his mother first fled North Korea’s oppressive regime in 2007, when Yeonmi was 13.
“This is what is happening in America,” she continued. “People see it, but they’ve completely lost the ability to think critically.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– House Republicans launch Campus Free Speech Caucus to fight liberal âindoctrinationâ in colleges.
– North Korean defector warns of âMarxistâ parallels between the culture of annulment and Kim’s regime.
– Teacher from Loudoun County on Critical Race Theory: âThis is not what I signed up for. “
– Austin mass shooting suspect arrested this weekend while in summer school.
– 2 Army Paratroopers Found Dead In Fort Bragg Barracks In Drug Incident: Reports.
– The former great Yankee says he “hated” Torre.
– The family of the missing California woman has angered detectives who are now asking relatives for help with the investigation.
– Rekindled Bennifer romance serves a lot of PDA during dinner: report.
– Schumer called for an offensive term for children with intellectual disabilities.
LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– Companies push employees prove that they are vaccinated against covid-19.
– Covid-19 visa arrears, travel restrictions are straining businesses that need workers.
– AOC, legislators higher demand pay congressional employees.
– Southwest Airlines resumes flights of Burbank after nationwide network problems, according to the airport.
#LeFlashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on “Today in History”.
A FEW WORDS OF APART
Sean hannity recapped, what he called, President Biden’s “disastrous” trip abroad on Monday “Hannity.” The host expressed concern that foreign leaders “take advantage” of Biden, amid tensions with foreign adversaries, especially Russia.
âRussia is responsible for two major cyber attacks against our country in recent weeks, Joe. It provides America’s enemies like Iran with weapons technology and funding. aggressive actions in the Middle East, all over the world, endanger American soldiers, âHannity said.
“It will end in a global economic catastrophe. In fact, the whole trip is just the tip of the iceberg, a total failure, and it will only get worse,” he continued.
Not yet subscribed to Fox News First? Click on here to find out what you’re missing.
Fox News’ Go to the monitoring page is now available, offering visitors pay TV provider options in their area, broadcasting Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by David Aaro of Fox News. Thanks for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox early Wednesday.